10 Interesting facts about Keiko
- Keiko’s worst subject at school as a child was art!
- All of her Japanese family members live in Japan.
- She loves to play tennis and the game of Scrabble, although her skills as a player in both games do not match her passion for them.
- She grew up with dogs but she cannot raise pets now because she travels too much. She and her family often go to Japan for extended periods of time.
- She is afraid of water, heights, and driving on freeways.
- Despite her Japanese heritage, she doesn’t like to eat sushi.
- She enjoys writing more than illustrating her books.
- If she were not a children’s books writer, her ideal would be to work as a food/restaurant critic.
- Her last name, Kasza (pronounced as KA-ZA), sounds Japanese, but it is actually her husband’s Hungarian family name.
- Her son who lives in New York looks like her, but her son who lives in Washington, D.C. looks more like her husband.